June 19, 2019
Do you feel like you missed out on your chance to get a straighter smile in middle or high school? Now that you’re older, you feel like you have to choose between your professional image and a grin you’re proud to show off, and that decision seems impossible. Luckily, Invisalign in Federal Hill can give you both! Utilizing the latest and greatest in dental technology, this treatment allows countless benefits while being practically unnoticeable. Read on to learn about Invisalign and how it can give you a dreamy smile you’ve been wanting since you were young.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a modern orthodontic treatment that uses an FDA-approved flexible and durable clear plastic to gently align your teeth. This procedure is great for adults and teenagers that are looking to reap the aesthetic benefits that traditional braces offer without the cumbersome look and feel of metal and brackets.
How Does Invisalign Treatment Work?
The first step of Invisalign treatment is to schedule a consultation with your dentist in Federal Hill. During this appointment, you can speak to them about your smile goals and they can let you know about any limitations this procedure may have.
Once you decide that this is the right procedure for you, your dentist will take impressions of your teeth and send them to be scanned and reviewed by a special Invisalign lab that will craft your custom-fitted aligners. When your dentist receives your Invisalign trays, they will give them to you. This is the perfect time to ask any additional questions you may have before you begin your treatment.
What Are The Benefits Of Getting Invisalign?
One of the reasons Invisalign treatment is so popular is because it has a laundry list of benefits to offer. Traditional braces can not only be cumbersome and distracting, but they can also present oral hygiene challenges. Here are some benefits of choosing the alternative to metal braces:
- Enjoy maintaining an aesthetically pleasing smile while undergoing treatment. Because your aligners are clear, you won’t have to worry about looking back on pictures when you have a grin full of metal.
- Because they’re removable, brushing and flossing will be easier because you won’t have to navigate between brackets and wires.
- You can enjoy all the foods you normally would. All you have to do is take your aligners out before you eat or drink anything besides water.
- Notice faster results with Invisalign treatment. With traditional braces, you may have to wear them for up to two years. The average treatment time for Invisalign is just 12 to 14 months!
- Your aligners are easy to care for and clean. All you need to do is soak them and wash them with clear liquid soap to keep them from getting cloudy and ensure they’re sanitized.
Finding a dentist that specializes in Invisalign treatment is the best way to start your journey towards a straighter smile. Don’t worry about your crooked and misaligned teeth dragging you down before a fun night out. Get the grin you deserve with the practically invisible orthodontic alternative to traditional braces instead!
About the Author
Dr. Marina Burdusi has been giving patients the best quality of dental treatment for over a decade. The most important part of her day-to-day is listening to each one of her patients and learning about their needs and desires. She strives to provide each of her patients with treatment that is in their best interest and serves to benefits their long-term health. For questions or to schedule a consultation for Invisalign, visit Harbor East Dental’s website or contact 410-385-9966.